Strong Matrix vs. Dedicated Team Structure
Before we get to answer your question, it’s important to understand the definitions of a strong matrix and dedicated team structure. The strong matrix arrangement is a type of organizational structure in which project managers have a stronger authority and have dominion over operational supervisors or managers. In contrast, a dedicated team structure involves a team assigned to work solely on one project until it’s accomplished.
Advantages of a Strong Matrix
A strong matrix provides various advantages over a dedicated team structure.
- It leverages resources by drawing upon diverse specialties and expertise in the organization.
- It maintains operational order since the staff can also keep up with their routine jobs.
- Allows flexibility as project managers can easily tap into diverse skill sets from across the organization.
- Risk management is enhanced as the broad spectrum of knowledge helps anticipate potential issues.
So, a strong matrix structure can be preferable when:
- Large, complex projects need diverse skills from various organizational departments.
- Projects require intense coordination and strong project management.
- The organization has to manage multiple ongoing projects concurrently.
- The project needs a flexible team that can be easily adjusted based on the project requirements.
Synapse Team’s Dedicated Development Team Services
While there are situations where a strong matrix might fit better, at Synapse Team, we still strongly believe in the benefits that a dedicated development team offers. Our dedicated team structure ensures that every single team member is entirely focused on your project.With our Dedicated Team, we aim to offer an unparalleled level of efficiency, high-quality delivery, and smooth communication due to the exclusive focus on your project. This leads to increased productivity, faster time-to-market, and ultimately, the success of your software development project.To learn more about our services or to discuss your project requirements, don’t hesitate to contact us!