Understanding Full Stack Development
Full Stack Development refers to the development of both the front end (client side) and the back end (server side) of a web application. It embodies the culmination of multiple coding languages and tools to deliver a comprehensively built web application or software.Full Stack Development comprises three critical components:
1. Front-End Development:
The front-end, also known as client-side development includes everything that users see, touch, click, and use — the layout, graphics, buttons, and forms— on a website. The core technologies used in front-end development are:
- HTML: Defines the structure and layout of the web content on a web page.
- CSS: It’s a stylesheet language used for describing the look and formatting of HTML elements – color, layout, and fonts.
- Front-End Libraries and Frameworks: Like Reactjs, Angular, or Vue.js which enhance the possibilities of front-end development.
2. Back-End Development:
The back-end, or server-side, is the portion of a software that doesn’t come in direct contact with the user. It includes the server, the database, and the server-side applications and serves the front-end application requests. The technologies involved are:
- Server-side Language: Languages like Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, .NET to build applications server-side.
- Database Language: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQLServer are used to find, save, or change data and serve it back to the user in front-end code.
- Server: Servers like Apache or Nginx accept requests from the users and respond accordingly.
- APIs: Representational state transfer (REST) and GraphQL APIs are used for interaction between the database, the server, and the front end.
This involves set of practices that combines software development and IT operations. It’s intended to shorten the release cycle, providing continuous delivery with high software quality. Following are tools that make life easy for full stack developers while dealing with infrastructure:
- Version Control: Git, Mercurial to track changes in the code.
- Test and Building tools: Maven, Gradle for building and testing our applications.
- Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo for continuous integration.
- Virtualization Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes is used for creation, deployment, running applications by using containers.
At Synapse Team, we provide extensive Full Stack Development services. Our team of thorough and astute developers have an in-depth knowledge of a variety of Full Stack Development technologies, ensuring the delivery of your web applications according to your needs and high-quality standards.