Understanding Staff Augmentation and Managed Services
Staff augmentation and managed tasks (or services) can serve different strategic needs within a project or organization. Essentially, staff augmentation is about enhancing or expanding internal teams with specific skills temporarily, while managed services entrusts an entire function to an outside expert.
Advantages of Staff Augmentation
- Access to Specialized Skills: Staff augmentation grants immediate access to a rich talent pool with specialized skills which may not be present in your current team.
- Flexibility: Staff augmentation affords great flexibility to scale your team up or down based on your project requirements.
- Cost-effectiveness: You only pay for the expertise you need when you need it, thus resulting in significant cost savings.
- Control: You remain in full control of your project management to ensure that the project is aligned with your business standards and objectives.
Advantages of Managed Services (Task)
- Expert Management: Managed services are generally handled by a dedicated team that specializes in the specific task at hand.
- Efficiency: Since the task is off-loaded to an external team, your internal team is free to focus on core business activities.
- Fixed Cost: The cost is typically fixed and includes ongoing maintenance and support, making budgeting more predictable.
At Synapse Team, we offer bespoke solutions tailored to your needs. We provide a wide array of services including staff augmentation, offshore software development, dedicated team, web development, and more. We prioritize understanding your business objectives, needs and system requirements to ensure we deliver the best possible solution for your unique circumstances. So, whether you choose staff augmentation services or decide to outsource an entire task, we’ve got you covered.