Using Atom for WordPress Development
Atom is a highly customizable, open-source Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that makes WordPress development easier and efficient. Here’s the basic sequence of steps:
1. Install Atom
Firstly, you need to download and install Atom. Visit the official Atom website and download the version appropriate for your operating system.
2. Install Suitable Packages
After you have Atom installed, you may want to install some packages that can enhance your WordPress development process. Here are some commonly used Atom packages for WordPress development:
- atom-autocomplete-php: This package offers automatic code completion for PHP code.
- php-cs-fixer: It helps to automatically fix PHP coding standards issues.
- language-wordpress: This package offers WordPress Core function autocompletion.
- emmet: Emmet allows developers to write HTML and CSS code faster with snippets.
You can install these packages from Atom’s settings view, use the Install tab and search for the package you want.
3. Synchronize with your WordPress Site
Now, you need to download your WordPress website to your local development server and then synchronize that folder with Atom.
4. Start Developing!
Then, you’re ready to start developing! You can open your WordPress PHP files, stylesheets, and scripts and start coding. Use Atom packages to help you write and debug your code.If the process is too daunting or if you don’t have the time to manage your WordPress site, we at the Synapse Team are here to help. We have a team of experienced WordPress developers who can handle the complexities of setup, development, and maintenance for you. We also offer other services like Staff Augmentation, Dedicated Team, Offshore Software Development, and many more to meet your various business needs.